Dear potential Docents:
Hope you are having an amazing summer. We are more than thrilled to inform you that we are seeking for new docents for our upcoming exhibition “Zhao Bandi: China Party,” on view from 5 August to 22 October, 2017.
Being a part of the docent group at UCCA, there will be plenty of opportunities to get to know the artist personally during trainings, conferences, and panel discussions. You will also meet so many people just as passionate about art as you are. We are so excited to have you as a part of the group to have deep meaningful conversations with the audience about the exhibition, art, and what is happening in the contemporary world. Being a docent is challenging, but by doing so makes you think about aspects life from an artistic perspective, that which you may have never experienced before. It means a lot to us to have you as part of the exhibition to interact with and guide the audience, and have conversations about art.
For potential docents, please read the application instruction below. If you are already a part of the docent group, no need to apply for the second time, we will keep you updated through email and Wechat about the trainings and conferences coming soon.
The docent group has always been a diverse one. No matter which age group that you are in, which country that you are from, or your education background, as long as you are interested, we are more than glad to welcome you as part of the team.
- Guide the visitors through the exhibition.
- Have conversations with audience about the exhibition, and answer their questions.
- Collect questionnaires from the visitors after the tour.
- Take part in activities, conferences, workshops, and other public campaigns.
- Give guided tours in Chinese, English, or other languages.
l Interview and application time period: Start from now on to 22 October 2017.
l We will contact you for the interview once we receive your application.
l If you pass the interview, we will send you the information and materials about the exhibition (documents and videos).
l You can contact us for a mock guide tour after you study the information and material
l You are officially a part of the team after passing the mock guide tour.
l Both interview and mock guide tour can be in either Chinese or English.
- Training period: Early July until the exhibition opens. (Docents are required to attend at least 1-2 on-site training courses before the opening);
- We will provide you with all relevant information on our exhibition, the Center, and 798;
- Artists and curators will also offer training sessions;
- Participating docents are invited to attend the exhibition on the press conference day.
From Tuesday – Sunday10:00 A.M - 6:00 P.M (1 hour lunch break, 7 hours in total)
10:00 A.M - 2:00 P.M (4 hours)
2:00 P.M - 6:00 P.M (4 hours)
Docents are required to arrive at UCCA at least 10 minutes before the shift begins to register and prepare for work;
A public link is available for docents to arrange or modify their own working schedules.
- UCCA exhibitions offer free admission to our docents and 10 discount tickets to docent’s friends and families;
- Letter of acknowledgement granted by “ZhaoBandi: China Party”;
- A “ZhaoBandi: China Party” gift pack;
- A UCCA membership card offering benefits such as free entry, exclusive member activities, discounts on public programs, etc.(worth RMB 300);
- 5 UCCA general tickets (worth RMB 150);
- 6 tickets for UCCA art cinema 2017 (worth about RMB 300);
- Work certificate issued by UCCA for those having worked for more than 100 hours;
- Free lunch for docents working the entire day shift (10:00-18:00);
*Note: The benefits above are only available for docents who are involved in the exhibition throughout its duration and meet the standard.
- 2017.7.10 – 2017.10.22
- Great Hall
- Affiliated Exhibition“Zhao Bandi: China Party”